Monday, March 10, 2008

Tim's Big Colonoscopy Adventure--Part 1

Monday, March 10, 2008, 10:10 am--tomorrow I'm having my very first colonoscopy! I can't tell you how excited I am. So, ala Katie Couric, I've decided to blog my experience so that you weenies out there over the age of 50 who have yet to do this will take courage from me--one of the biggest weenies you'll ever meet.

Today is prep day (i.e., spring cleaning day!). I got up at 6:15, did my 20 mile bike ride followed by my push-ups. In between, at 9 am, I took my four laxative pills. It's the first time in my life that I've taken a laxative so it should be a very moving experience.

The doctors office called just as I was nearing the end of my bike ride and told me the four laxative pills wouldn't kick in for about 4-6 hours! So, so far, so good!

In the meantime, I will be hanging out, doing some reading, watching tv, getting to really know our bathroom, and checking in with you to give you the occasional updates.

I'm off to drink more water and dream of burgers and fries.

No comments: