Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thursday very very early in Rwanda

Hey, sports fans,

Well, it's about 5 am and yours truly has not yet fallen asleep. Those of you who have traveled overseas may have had nights like this. I pride myself on "converting" quickly to the time zone I'm in. Thought I had it down but wow, my body is way off. This really stinks. Fighting the virus for a week, all the flying, etc., add up to a fun-filled night of insomnia. I even took two doses of Nyquil (4 hours apart). Basically I've been "resting," moving from my bed to the double bed to the couch and back again. Finally surrendered and gave up to gripe to you in blogsville! To be honest, this really caught me by surprise. Was finally starting to feel human again. Oops!

The good news is that I have nothing I actually have to be at or do so if need be I can continue to lay low until I adjust. I'll have to do my best to try to stay awake throughout the day and get on schedule.

And I thought the tough part was actually getting here!

So it goes.

I had this happen to me years ago in Germany. I had 2-3 nights where I just could not sleep. But hung in there and finally converted. I know you overseas travelers can probably relate. Probably some of you who have never traveled overseas who can relate to insomnia.

So would appreciate your prayers.

No comments: