Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Minneapolis Musings

Oi! Oi! Oi! It is cold here! In the 40's-50's with a strong wind! Oi!

Yesterday I met with 4 Ph.D students and shared the story of Grace, with a q and a afterwards. I'm staying in Downtown Minneapolis so it's fun walking around the city. Thank goodness for the skywalks as it's cold outside. Did I mention that? I had my first hot chocolate of the season.

This morning I spoke at Chapel at Luther. During lunch I met informally with a group of students to talk about the Story of Grace and answer questions. Tomorrow the real work begins. But I've really been enjoying the contact with Luther Sem and the students!

My daughter Alycia and I walked over a bridge that overlooks the I-35W bridge that collapsed. They've done such an amazing job of cleaning it up that you'd hardly know there was a bridge there, let alone a collapsed bridge.

Christmas officially began for me today as I walked through "Holiday Lane" at Macy's, downtown. I love this time of year.

No comments: