Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Awe and Wonder

I was out for a 20 mile bike ride this morning. I get out about 3 times a week. This morning, near the end of my ride, I saw a roadrunner. I never grow tired of seeing one. That roadrunner was a reminder to take a moment to give thanks for the beauty I was enjoying all around me--the partly cloudy skies, the breeze, the mountains ringing the Valley, the trees, and all the other wonders I was riding by. It's so easy to take such beauty for granted.

No matter what we are going through, God calls to us 24/7 with a gentle, but awe-some reminder that he loves us--that reminder being creation and the outdoors.

It's also easy to take for granted the wonder of the human body--the ability to ride a bike for 20 miles. Not everyone is physically able to do so, or can afford to do so. So I am grateful!

No comments: