Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Things I'm Thankful For

* My wife, Jan. Over 28 years of marriage plus 5 years of dating. And we still really love each other and like each other!

* My daughter, Alycia. She's our passionate, hard-headed, save-the-world first born who has truly taught me tons!

* Our son, Mike. Our creative musician and now video game design student who's a great guy with a big heart.

* Mike's wife, Amber. Like his dad, Mike married way over his head.

* Our dogs Santi (Beagle) and Saba (Dauchshund). I love my kids almost as I love my dogs.

* The great heritage of faith that I've been nurtured in--an amazing family tree of faith-filled Christians. And faithful congregations who poured their lives into mission for guys like me.

* My immediate family, brothers, sisters, their families, my dad (and the memories of my mom).

* Community Church of Joy--the first church I ever served. It was a great 22 years.

* Community of Grace--my new family of faith. It has been a profound almost 3 years.

* Jesus, whose grace never ceases to move me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And you are one of the things on my "Things I'm Thankful For" list, Tim!