Friday, November 9, 2007

I'm Published!

I'm excited to announce that, after years of a dry spell, I am once again published. Yesterday I received our latest copy of IN BRITAIN magazine. The magazine highlights different places to visit in Britain. It's a great looking magazine!

In the letters to the editors section was a letter by yours truly, in which I wrote about the great trip we had to Scotland and the Cotswolds for Jan's 50th birthday last year. The entire trip grew out of ideas from IN BRITAIN magazine. So I wrote to thank them. They included a picture that Jan took (her first published picture!) and...and...hang on...we were the Editor's Pick letter! So we receive a lovely prize.

Published...in an international magazine no less! It's good to be back in the game. Who knows what's next? Perhaps a letter to USA Today! It's great to know that at 50 I still have something to say that people want to publish and read! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And since it does not happen often that Americans have in-depth-knowledge about Europe there is an extra reason to celebrate ...

Michelle Halonen said...

It was fun enough to read about your success as a published author, and Jan's success as a published photographer, but it was icing on the cake to read Simon's great Simonish reply!!!!!