Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Musings

It's been an interesting couple of days.

Jan has been babysitting our Grand-doggies, Billie and Darla. Their parents, Mike and Amber, don't live too far from us so Jan and I have shared some meals together. But at night, I've been alone with our dogs.

At midnight, Friday, the phone rang. I didn't comprehend what was happening until the call went to voice mail. As I tried to wake up and check out who had called, my cell rang. I answered and my daughter said, "I'm OK!" Her parked car had been hit by a drunk driver, a 19 year old kid with an expired permit, who, it turns out, had stolen the car from a friend. We spent over an hour trying to figure out how to deal with the insurance company, who turned out to be not all that helpful! Apparently insurance companies don't think people have accidents on the weekends or after business hours!

Last night, after dropping Jan off for the evening, I ran to three different stores to find 40 watt energy efficient, environment-friendly lightbulbs for my son's house.

Today, after worship, and lunch with Jan, I headed home to witness a miracle in the making--The AZ Cardinals are actually 500 this late in the season. I think today they officially won more games than last year. Wow.

But I admit to being worn out. It's a lot of work emptying the dishwasher and putting dirty plates in it. It's a lot of work kind-of making the bed, taking the dogs for a walk, making them eggs for breakfast, and preaching at two services. It will be good to have Jan back home tonight.

No comments: