Saturday, November 24, 2007

Nostalgia

Maybe it's because I'm turning 50 in a few weeks, but lately I've been feeling rather nostalgic. For example, on Thursday Jan was watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and I heard the announcers mention Up with People. It took me back to grade school when we learned songs in music class from Up With People, songs like What Color is God's Skin?. So I hit e-bay to see if I could find any old Up With People albums. I bought three! I then looked up the Colwell Brothers, the three guys who started the old version of Up With People. I found a brand new book written about them. I didn't buy it. :)

Recently I dreamt about the house I grew up in in Minneapolis. Christmas itself always takes me back to my growing up years.

I guess as I get ready for the second half of my life I'm taking time to remember and give thanks for the first half.

No comments: