Friday, July 20, 2007

Refrigerator Day

My son called me last night. "Hey, dad, what are you doing tomorrow?" This question can only mean one of two things--he'd like me and Jan to take him and his wife out for dinner or he needs a favor. It was the second. His mother-in-law had a nice fridge for them but they had to take their current one and swap it with the new one. Could I help?

Sure. I rented a truck and headed over.

I have no patience for moving things. It never goes as planned. Things never fit through doors the way they are supposed to. And if I have to unscrew something or hammer something, I'm completely lost. I work with words, not hammers and screw drivers.

Of course, this little adventure did not go as smoothly as we had hoped. We had to take one front door off. We had to remove handles. We had to slide a 40 ton fridge across a yard of gravel. And it was hot and humid. But we got it done. The new fridge looks great.

Glad to say, I only lost my patience once!

It's good to be a dad. Time to hit the shower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check your spelling in your title...

Pastor Tim said...

Thanks--my spell check missed it!