Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Few of My Favorite "American" Things

I love the United States of America. That's not to say I love
everything we do, but I do love the country passionately. I've had the
chance to travel to many different countries. I've met some amazing
people and seen incredible beauty in those travels. But the US is, for
me, a truly blessed country and people. I feel so very fortunate to
have been born here.

Here are a few of the things I love about our country:

*Freedom
*Freedom of Religion
*Disneyland
*BBCAmerica (ok, it's British, but it has America in the channel name!)
*American Football, especially the Vikings and Cardinals but not Dallas or Green Bay
*Bike trails through Glendale and Phoenix
*The generosity of our people
*Elections
*Hawaii--especially Maui
*The East Coast history from Lexington and Concord to Monticello
*BJ Thomas and Barry Manilow
*Movies (and the Music Man is my movie of choice on this great day--corny, yes, but also Americana at its best!)

Happy 4th!

No comments: