Saturday, September 1, 2007

Summer Musings

As summer comes to an end, at least in terms of how we organize our lives, a few thoughts:

It's been hot! I think I have been here for all 32+ days of 110 degrees or above. I think I've been here for almost every heat record Phoenix has set. Oi!

For some reason I found it challenging this summer to keep up my exercise rhythm and my devotions rhythm. I didn't skip them, but I didn't get them in as consistently as I do normally. And I could feel the difference. It was good this week to finally get in a full week of exercise and devotions.

It was a good summer in terms of ministry. Our attendance held pretty strong and we are coming out of the summer in good financial shape. Thank God for the strong winter/spring giving we had as summer giving took a pretty significant dip. But we're still on budget. Many churches use the rest of the year to catch up from summer slumps. We're fortunate to enter the fall spot on.

I'm excited about what Jesus has in store for us this fall including our new Grace Adventure Club for the kids, a new commitment to our youth, and a months-long emphasis in worship and in our clusters on what it means to follow Jesus Monday-Saturday in our every day lives.

And hopefully, sometime before Christmas, a few cooler days.

No comments: