Sunday, September 2, 2007

Labor Day Eve Musings

Last night my wife Jan cooked up a delicious Turkey dinner. A few months ago we had to throw out one of our frozen turkeys as it was beyond its shelf life. So, instead of wasting another bird, we decided to have a Thanksgiving Day meal on Labor Day weekend. And wow was it good. Turkey that fell off the bone. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Stuffing. Corn. Beans in chicken broth. Cranberries. Orange Jello. Yams (yuck!). If I seemed a bit sleepy during my own sermon this morning, you now know why. I stuffed myself last night.

I'm not a Phoenix Mercury fan but good on 'em for making the finals. With our history of championship teams, we'll take what we can get.

Speaking of championship teams, the D-Backs are certainly not making it easy on themselves to get into the playoffs.

For those of you who are fans of my close, personal friend, BJ Thomas, you'll be happy to know that his first studio album in over 7 years will be released later this month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of championship teams: All Time Super Bowl records.

Minnesota: 0-4.
Green Bay: 3-1.

Dallas Cowboys "America's Team" 5-3.

Whew. This post is long overdue. Thank goodness we got it in before the season kicks off! :)