Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday musings

Tuesday is usually fast day. Some of us from Community of Grace skip a meal or two, or a dessert, or a cup of coffee, and use the fast to pray for those who are hungry. We then donate what we would have spent on the meal, etc, to the Grace Hunger Fund. I'd love to have others join us. No sign ups necessary. Simply decide what you will fast and go for it. And as the cravings hit (I skip breakfast and lunch) use that as a reminder to pray for the poor, oppressed, and hungry.

Speaking of food, last night Jan and I had dinner with Al and Kaye Cassel. Al is the new pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (one of the congregations that gave us our new land). I'm looking forward to our continued partnership in ministry with Peace.

This morning I was interviewed on a Christian radio station. The topic was anxiety and panic. (Wonder why they picked me? Is there something wrong with me? I'm starting to feel a bit anxious!) It was a very good interview. The person who interviewed me experienced his first panic attack in April and has been working through his "stuff." One doctor told him that 60% of those who go to the ER for heart attacks are actually suffering an anxiety attack! Great conversation. It will air on Thursday, August 30, sometime between 8 and 8:30 am on FM 90.9. (By the way, from 10-noon, Hilary Griffith, the former Miss Arizona, does a daily show on that station!)

This morning we started talking budget stuff for our ministry for 2008. Not the most exciting part of following Jesus but important none-the-less. We have a great team who make sure we use the gifts we receive each weekend in a way that reflects our mission, and that demonstrates financial integrity.

No comments: