Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday Musings

Musings while living off of 4 hours of sleep:

It was great being back at worship today. Good to see everyone coming back from vacations. Brian did a superb job on the sermon and the whole worship experiece was powerful.

We had a great trip to Hawaii. We spent the week with some of my college friends--specifically my roommate and his wife and my favorite BJ Thomas stalker, Janie, who, even though she's younger than I, by a few months, was our "mom" during college, making us fantastic banana cream pies. She was joined by her family. Our daughter and one of her law school friends were also with us.

Snorkeling is a worship-full experience. I particularly enjoy swimming with the turtles!

The best part of vacation--coming home to the hugs and kisses of our dogs.

During my prayer time I sense God has been nudging me to pray this prayer for our congregation--Help us get ready! For what, I'm not sure yet. But I sense God is up to something in our community of faith.

I fully intended to come home and take a nap after worship today (we flew into Phoenix at Midnight and were in bed by 2 am!) But...I was afraid I'd sleep for hours and then not fall asleep tonight. At 3:50 pm I'm feeling pretty good. By 5 pm I should be ready to call it a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snorkling in Hawaii was probably my most amazing experience ever as well. there is something very serene and peaceful.

Lori